The last week of October, I went to ponds and the river to find ducks. I first went to Uplands Wetland and there were many Canada Geese in the pond. The time I was there, many Mallards flew in. I saw one Great Blue Heron with the geese and ducks. At the edge of the pond, a Great Yellowlegs was searching for food.
I went to Greenway Park one day to see what was at the river. There were Ring-billed Gulls resting and flying around.
I saw 7 Common Mergansers (all female) on a little island resting and preening.
Common Goldeneyes (3) were also present.
A couple of Wood Ducks.
I checked the ponds in Hyde Park. There were mainly Canada Geese and Mallards but also saw 3 Ring-necked Ducks swimming around.
Size comparison with the Mallard.
At Greenway Park again three Hooded Mergansers were seen (two males and one female).
The same two Wood Ducks were there seen the other day.
Wood Ducks behind the Mallard.
No comments:
Post a Comment