Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 8 November 2020

Variety of Wildlife

 Birding around London Area

I love the diving ducks.  I watch them as they dive under the water and I look to see where they come back up.  Sometimes a few are diving and sometimes like the Hooded Mergansers (9) I saw the other day, they all went under together and watch them pop up at different times.  

Hooded Merganser (female)


                                        

The American Wigeon surface-feeds like Mallards.

American Wigeons

American Wigeons

There has been lots of finches around lately.....especially Goldfinches.

American Goldfinch

Blue Jay

I really like sparrows.  This time of year one can see White-throated Sparrows, White-crowned Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Tree Sparrows, Swamp Sparrows and Fox Sparrows.

Song Sparrow

Red-tailed Hawk

American Robin

On November 5, 2020, I saw an American Toad on the trail.  It was a warm day, high of 17c which toads like.



At Springbank Park, a Red-necked Grebe showed up at the Thames.  This is a juvenile bird.  I have not seen one for years.






Cedar Waxwing


Great Blue Heron


I was looking for sparrows and a White-tailed Deer was staring at me.


Northern Cardinal


Mallards

Black-capped Chickadee

Downy Woodpecker


No comments:

Post a Comment