Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 22 November 2020

Birding walks - Week of November 16-21, 2020

 Week of November 16-21, 2020

I did some birding at the East Pond in the Coves.  The snowsqualls were heavy at times and also strong NW winds.  I took some photos of Hooded Mergansers swimming and diving.  There were 16 of them together. 




I also saw one female Wood Duck.


Springbank Park - November 18, 2020

Today was a better day weather wise.  It was cool and partly cloudy skies.  I saw two Bald Eagles at different times.  An immature and later an adult flying along the Thames.  When the adult flew by it flush a flock of gulls that were on rocks in the water. 



I was looking up at the trees and saw this raccoon poking its nose out of a hole in the tree.  It looked around for a minute and turned around and went back in the hole.  It's a very large old tree.  




Yesterday I was around the Hyde Park area.  It was fairly quiet.  There were Canada Geese and Mallards at the ponds.  I saw some Blue Jays, one Robin and a couple of American Tree Sparrows. 






I saw these Ring-billed Gulls at another pond in Hyde Park.  There were at least 85 resting on the bridge and on the grass area between the ponds.  I couldn't see anything different but Ring-billed Gulls.


No comments:

Post a Comment