Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 29 November 2020

A Nice Mixture of Birds

Birding Week of November 23-28, 2020

November 23, 2020 - The Coves

At the Coves, I saw four Great Blue Herons.  The photos below shows each one.  I also saw Downy Woodpeckers, White-breasted Nuthatch, Robins, Cardinals, Black-capped Chickadees, Dark-eyes Juncos, a large flock of Cedar Waxwings over 60+ eating berries, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Ring-billed Gulls, Carolina Wren, Bald Eagle, American Goldfinch and American Crows.  





American Robin

Here are some photos of the Cedar Waxwings.





November 25, 2020 - Fanshawe CA

I took a walk around the Dam area and the Tamarack Trail.  There is a separate large pond beside the lake which had over 100 Mallards.  I also saw two Great Blue Herons, and a couple of Hooded Mergansers.  It was a dull, overcast, drizzly day.  I had problems getting the right settings on my camera.  The photos were dark and most photos blurry.  At the Tamarack Trail there were White-breasted Nuthatches, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Black-capped Chickadees, Blue Jays, Northern Cardinals, Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, White-throated Sparrows, a Song Sparrow and Mourning Doves.



November 28, 2020 - Hyde Park area

It was a quiet day today.  The highlight was seeing two immature Bald Eagles fly over.  I was looking for finches but didn't see any.  Saw some Northern Cardinals, Blue Jays, American Tree Sparrows, Mallards, Canada Geese and American Crows.  Although it was sunny, there was a cold westerly wind.



No comments:

Post a Comment