Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 26 October 2020

Happenings - October 21-26, 2020

Birding - October 21-26, 2020

Saturday, I went to The Coves to see what I can find.  There was a large movement of American Crows (hundreds) flying over...some very high.  It was a cool morning after yesterday's warm temperatures feeling like 25c.  We had thunderstorms and high winds in the evening. This morning it was only 3c.  

I saw one Great Blue Heron trying to keep warm.  


There were flocks of Cedar Waxwings eating berries along with American Robins.



It was nice to see a Blue-headed Vireo.  The vireo was moving around a lot from branch to branch.


I was taking photos and when I turned around there was a large racoon on the trail in front of me.




It walked toward me a little then went into the bushes.  So I walked by and looking back, the racoon came back out and continued to walk the trail.  


I continued to walk when I noticed the racoon turned around and decided to walk behind me.  I walked faster to get ahead.  It was walking slower and probably went back into the bushes. 

I decided to go the Greenway Park and saw a Greater Yellowlegs resting in the river beside the Mallards, Canada Geese and Wood Ducks.



Wood Ducks

Medway Valley Heritage Forest (Snake Creek)

A beautiful place.




October 26, 2020 - Killaly Meadows ESA

An overcast, cold, damp day today (4-5c)

There were flocks of American Goldfinches, Starlings and American Robins flying around eating berries.



My photos are not great because of the overcast skies.



A resting Red-tailed Hawk.



No comments:

Post a Comment