Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Marveling the Bog

Sifton Bog ESA

Tuesday, May 14, I decided to go to the bog...haven't been there for awhile.  The first warbler I saw was my favourite - Black-throated Blue Warbler.  It was working on a downed tree. 


The first small pond had some Mallards and Canada Geese with goslings.  There were some turtles sunning. 


White-breasted Nuthatch

At the bog pond there were a nice group of warblers bouncing around. I also saw Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Red-bellied Woodpecker,  Catbirds, Wood Duck, Song Sparrows, Northern Flicker, and heard a Warbling Vireo.

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Black-and-White Warbler

Blackburnian Warbler

The other warblers I saw were American Redstart, Yellow Warblers, and Palm Warbler.

The deciduous swamp has a lot of water. This is the most water I've seen for awhile.  It usually dries up in the summer months.



More turtles!

Painted Turtles

No comments:

Post a Comment