Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Wednesday, 8 May 2019

Birding Around London

Springbank Park

Sunday (May 5) - A very nice day for a walk, 17c and sunny.  There are some trees blooming early.  I took some photos of flowers that were around (not many out yet).  Some birds I saw were Yellow Warbler, Carolina Wren, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Red-winged Blackbird, Blue Jays, and Cardinals.  Also saw a Mourning Cloak Butterfly.






Monday, May 6, 2019

Hyde Park Drainage Pond


There were not many birds in the pond....few Mallards and Canada Geese.  There is farmland along the one side of the pond with some water and I noticed 2 Blue-winged Teal and a Killdeer.



An Osprey was flying around and landed on the tree for a few minutes.  


Lots of Song Sparrows, a flyover of about 21 Blue Jays heading East, Barn Swallows, Tree Swallows, American Goldfinches, American Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, 2 Great Blue Herons flew by and a Gray Catbird.


At another area with shallow water, I saw Greater Yellowlegs (I think) and a Spotted Sandpiper.  






Greater Yellowlegs and Spotted Sandpiper behind Yellowlegs




No comments:

Post a Comment