Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Friday, 17 May 2019

Happenings in London

May 15, 2019 - The Coves

It has been a very nice week weather wise.  I went to the Coves a few times and to Springbank Park.  Lots of birds singing and I'm starting to see butterflies.

Gray Catbird


I took some photos of the Coves...this is just a part of it.








Sharing a log!


Lots of Midland Painted Turtles.


May 16 - The Coves

I noticed this White-tailed Deer laying behind some bushes and saw two more at another part of the Coves. 




The grackles were making a fuss so I looked up and there was a Red-tailed Hawk up in the tree being attacked by the grackles.  It didn't seem to bother the hawk.  It finally took off and the grackles followed it and continued the attack. 


Midland Painted Turtles

It's nice to see butterflies again!

Cabbage White

May 17 - Springbank Park

The first bird I saw was a Scarlet Tanager.  I rarely see tanagers in London.  They are probably around, I just miss them.

Scarlet Tanager

Rose-breasted Grosbeak


I went to the area in the park where lots of trees are in bloom.  I always see a lot of Baltimore Orioles in this area. 







No comments:

Post a Comment