Susan's Birding and Nature Blog
Birding this week - May 1 and May 2, 2019
The Coves - May 1, 2019
It was a cool morning and cloudy but I saw a nice number of birds. From the rain off and on lately, trails are muddy and standing water around. The only warbler I saw was the Yellow-rumped Warbler. It was nice to see an Eastern Kingbird, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Great Blue Heron, Belted Kingfishers and a Double-crested Cormorant.
 |
| Belted Kingfisher |
This Song Sparrow was gathering up some nesting material.
 |
| Song Sparrow |
 |
| Ruby-crowned Kinglet |
 |
| Eastern Kingbird |
 |
| Eastern Kingbird |
The Red-tailed Hawk was right above me. There is a little grassy area and he was really looking down at that area. Suddenly he swooped right down to the grass area but missed his target and flew up empty handed.
 |
| Red-tailed Hawk |
Hyde Park Drainage Pond - May 2, 2019
I popped over to Hyde Park to see what I can find as it was a very nice day, sunny and high of 16.
I saw my FOY Cabbage White Butterfly.
There wasn't much in the pond....a Horned Grebe, a couple of Canada Geese and some Mallards.
Walking around the pond there were a lot of Song Sparrows, a flock of Blue Jays flew over, Turkey Vultures, Ospreys, Red-winged Blackbirds and a flyover Great Blue Heron.
 |
| Horned Grebe |
The Kingfishers were up in a tree flying around making a lot of noise.
 |
| Belted Kingfishers |
 |
| Great Blue Heron |
 |
| Eastern Phoebe |
No comments:
Post a Comment