Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Tuesday, 5 November 2024

Mild First Week of November 2024

Westminster Ponds

For the first week of November, the weather has been mild with some sunny days and some overcast days.  

Red-bellied Woodpecker

American Goldfinch

Trees across Saunders Pond


Uplands North Wetland

There were 16 Green-winged Teal together in the pond which was nice.


Green-winged Teal



The Coves 

I was watching lots of American Robins and Cedar Waxwings in the berry bushes flying from bush to bush. I looked up and there was a Cooper's Hawk in a tree watching.  There were a lot of American Goldfinches, Dark-eyed Juncos, White throated Sparrows, Golden crowned Kinglets in the Goldenrods feeding on the seeds.  I also saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler and four Eastern Bluebirds.  






At Greenway Park. I saw the usual Canada Geese and Mallards, a couple of Killdeers, a Great Blue Heron and a Bald Eagle far up in a tree.

Bald Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment