Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 17 November 2024

Mid November Birding - 2024

Last week, I went to Westminster Ponds to check things out.  It was a sunny day but strong cold north winds.  There was not much in the water, found about 20 Buffleheads, a Pied-billed Grebe and Canada Geese.  Walking a trail, I saw Dark-eyed Juncos, Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, American Goldfinches, Black-capped Chickadees, American Tree Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Northern Cardinal and one Red-winged Blackbird.

Bufflehead

Bufflehead

Pied-billed Grebe

November 13, I went to Fanshawe Lake and Fanshawe CA.  Again, very cold strong winds coming from the East.  

At Fanshawe Lake, there were about 250 Ring-billed Gulls.  I could not find a different gull in there.

Ring-billed Gulls

At Fanshawe CA, found one American Coot and about 8 Pied-billed Grebes.  

American Coot

Pied-billed Grebe

At Fanshawe Dam, there were Common Mergansers, lots of Mallards, Canada Geese, couple of American Black Ducks and Green-winged Teals. 

Common Merganser
 
We had overcast skies at the end of the week.  In Hyde Park, a lot of Canada Geese.  I counted about 270 Geese in one pond and about 80 Mallards.  Could not find any different ducks in the group.   

Red-tailed Hawk


No comments:

Post a Comment