Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 27 October 2024

Warm Weather Continues End of October 2024

 Week of Oct 21-27, 2024 

Monday at Komoka North - It was sunny and warm 12c to 24c close to a record temperature.  The pond was quiet today with a few Canada Geese, Mallards, Green-winged Teals, Pied-billed Grebes and Gadwalls.

On the trail, lots of Dark eyed Juncos, American Goldfinches, Yellow-rumped Warblers, House Finches in the goldenrods for the seed.  I was pleased to see an Eastern Bluebird up in a tree.  Also saw a Red-tailed Hawk and two Turkey Vultures.  A few Clouded and Orange Sulphurs were flying around.

Gadwall

Pied billed Grebes

Eastern Bluebird

Clouded Sulphur

I have not been to Fanshawe CA for awhile.  At the pond, Pied-billed Grebes and Mallards.  A Bald Eagle flew by.  At the dam, in the distance a group (15) Common Mergansers were together.  

Bald Eagle

Dark-eyed Juncos were everywhere.

At the Coves was another nice day.  Lots of smaller birds were around, Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Black-capped Chickadees, House Finches, and American Goldfinches.  There was a Bald Eagle that flew by very high and a couple of Red-tailed Hawks.  

Hairy Woodpecker

Two Great Blue Herons in the trees.



I had a nice opportunity to take a close photo of a Cooper's Hawk.  My camera did not cooperate.  I had photos that were too dark and ones that were washed out.  This was the best I could do.


Photos in Hyde Park...beautiful colours.





No comments:

Post a Comment