Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 13 October 2024

Fall Birding - 2024

Coves - October 8, 2024

We have had beautiful weather this past week.  I'm seeing a nice variety of birds.... still seeing the odd Turkey Vulture, Red-tailed Hawks, lots of Cedar Waxwings, Robins, American Goldfinches, Blue Jays, Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Downy Woodpeckers, Black-capped Chickadees and now seeing more Dark-eyed Juncos.  They are so cute!


Dark-eyed Juncos

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Komoka - October 11, 2024

Another gorgeous day for a walk at Komoka.  There are 4 Mute Swans at the ponds.  I'm not seeing many ducks yet.  

Mute Swans

Greater Yellowlegs

Canterbury- October 12, 2024

Birds I saw were two Pied-billed Grebes, Cedar Waxwings, Robins, Song Sparrows, Northern Cardinal, Brown-headed Cowbird, Red-winged Blackbirds, Black-capped Chickadees, White-throated Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, a Killdeer, American Goldfinches, and a Yellow-rumped Warbler.


There were lots of House Finches



Saw a few Clouded Sulphurs and Orange Sulphurs




Trees are now turning nicely,






No comments:

Post a Comment