Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 20 October 2024

Week of October 13-19, 2024

At the Coves, I saw this juvenile Turkey Vulture up on the light standard at the soccer field.  I was able to get some close-ups pictures.  Very large birds....they are beautiful in their own way.  I love seeing them soaring and sad when they leave to migrate south.





There were lots of birds in the trees especially Cedar Waxwings (flocks) and American Robins.  There are a lot of berry bushes around.  There were a few White-throated Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Back-capped Chickadees, Song Sparrows, Northern Cardinals, Downy Woodpecker, American Goldfinches, and Ruby-crowned Kinglets.   


Wood Duck

Wood Duck (females)

Another Great Blue Heron.  I love taking photos of them.



Hyde Park - October 14, 2024

The trees are very nice this week in Hyde Park.



Uplands Wetland - October 19, 2024

The morning started out in dense fog.  As the fog disappeared, the ducks started to come out of the reeds.  

Green-winged Teal

Green-winged Teal (female)

Great Blue Heron and Canada Geese in the fog


No comments:

Post a Comment