Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 1 October 2023

Findings End of September 2023

This week, I went to the Coves and Uplands Wetland a couple of times.  Rusty Blackbirds, Red-winged Blackbirds, Brown-headed Cowbirds and Grackles are migrating through this area.  The trees would be covered with blackbirds and groups of them flying around.

Green Heron

Green Heron

I always enjoy watching Great Blue Herons and Green Herons.

Great Blue Heron

Killdeer

Rusty Blackbird

Sandpipers have been migrating too.

Solitary Sandpiper

Mourning Doves

It was a nice surprise to see an American Wigeon and a Northern Pintail at the wetlands.

American Wigeon

Northern Pintail

There are still some Great Egrets around.

Great Egret

Great Egret




A different day at Uplands Wetland, I still see Rusty Blackbirds, Red-winged Blackbirds, Turkey Vultures, some Green-winged Teals, Belted Kingfishers, Killdeers, lots of Blue Jays, Yellow-rumped Warblers and Palm Warblers.


Immature Green Heron

Eastern Phoebe

I was looking up at a woodpecker high in a tree when I came across this guy sleeping in a hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment