Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 24 September 2023

Birding at Wetlands

Week of September 17, 2023

I have been visiting area ponds and wetlands.  I got some nice variety of birds lately.  Lots of Canada Geese, Mallards, Turkey Vultures have been going through in numbers, lots of Blue Jays, American Crow, Belted Kingfisher, Red-winged Blackbirds, American Robins, Northern Cardinals, American Goldfinches, Song Sparrows, Cedar Waxwings, Common Grackles, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpecker, Mourning Doves, and Black-capped Chickadees.

On this day, I saw a Great Blue Heron, Great Egret, Killdeers, Lesser Yellowlegs, Solitary Sandpiper, Green-winged Teals, Northern Pintail, Rusty Blackbirds, Brown-headed Cowbird, Eastern Phoebe, Palm Warbler, and Yellow-rumped Warblers.  

Great Blue Heron

Green-winged Teals

Green-winged Teal

Belted Kingfisher

The Wilson's Snipe was a nice surprise.  I rarely see them.

Wilson's Snipe

Solitary Sandpiper

Rusty Blackbirds

Northern Pintail

Today, I saw a Red Admiral, a Monarch, Cabbage Whites and some Sulphurs.


I'm still seeing turtles and frogs sunning themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment