Last week, I went to a drainage pond at Wonderland Rd S. The pond was half drained and construction workers with the large diggers were cleaning out the pond. They trucked away lots of sludge. Even with the noise and activity going on, some birds were staying around the shallow part of the pond. I saw three Great Blue Herons, two Great Egrets, Ring-billed Gulls, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs and Killdeers. The photos are not great as I was further back because of the construction.
I haven't been to Springbank Park for awhile so Tuesday, October 17, I walked along the river. I saw the usual birds but also saw a Eastern Phoebe, Belted Kingfisher, Double-crested Cormorants, Golden-crowned Kinglets and Dark-eyed Juncos. I love Juncos...they are so cute.
 |
| Eastern Phoebe |
 |
| Belted Kingfisher |
 |
| Double-crested Cormorant |
In Hyde Park, I saw my first of the year, Canvasback. Also saw a Lesser Scaup.
 |
| Canvasback |
 |
Lesser Scaup
|
Saturday, I went to Uplands Wetland. It was windy, 9c and a heavy drizzle was coming down. Lots of Mallards, a Great Blue Heron, Green-winged Teals, a Double-crested Cormorant in a tree, White-throated Sparrows, White-crowned Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, American Goldfinch, American Robin and a Great Egret.
Its getting very late for Great Egret migration.
No comments:
Post a Comment