Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 16 October 2023

Mid-October Birding

I saw a lot of species of birds at Kilally totalling 36.  Some birds I saw were Swainson's Thrush, Northern Flicker, Hairy Woodpecker, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Carolina Wren, Catbird, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, White-throated Sparrows, Great Blue Heron, Belted Kingfisher, Turkey Vultures, Black-capped Chickadee, Eastern Towhee (2), and White-breasted Nuthatch. 

Black capped Chickadee

Cedar Waxwing

American Robin

Common Grackle

Swainson's Thrush

On Oct 12, 2023 at Greenway, I saw a lot of the same birds as yesterday at Kilally.  

Song Sparrow

The Osprey was very high up so this is the best photo I can get.  It's getting late for Osprey migration.

Osprey



At Uplands Wetland (Oct 15), the Great Egret is still hanging around.  It was very windy today.  The egret flew up to an old tree trunk hanging on for dear life.  I also saw a Great Blue Heron, Double-crested Cormorant, Green-winged Teals, Ring-billed Gulls, Red-winged Blackbirds, Golden-crowned Kinglets, Dark-eyed Juncos, White-throated Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Cedar Waxwings, Downy Woodpecker,  American Goldfinches, Turkey Vultures (8), and American Robins.  Lots of Canada Geese and Mallards.  

Great Egret

Green-winged Teal

Double-crested Cormorant

Here are some colours from the Coves.






No comments:

Post a Comment