I saw a lifer - Northern Mockingbird for my Middlesex County list. It was the first bird I saw at the airport. I drove slowly and saw it on a wired fence. I had a great look at it. I was in shock that I found this bird so fast...still in the car, I tried to reach for my camera while I was watching it. But it flew off and I missed getting a photo. I went around four times and couldn't find it again.
It was so nice to hear the Eastern Meadowlarks singing. I have not seen one for awhile.
| Eastern Meadowlark |
| young Killdeer |
June 8, 2020 - North London - Wetland and undeveloped land
I stopped in at the wetland to see what was around. There were Canada Geese, Mallards, Belted Kingfisher, Great Blue Heron, Spotted Sandpipers, Killdeers, Baltimore Orioles, Willow Flycatchers, Song Sparrows, American Goldfinches, Eastern Kingbird, Warbling Vireo, Barn Swallows and Turkey Vultures. I also saw some butterflies around Black Swallowtail and Clouded Sulphurs.
| Eastern Kingbird |
| Fragile Forktail |
| Clouded Sulphur |
June 10, 2020 Springbank Park
Didn't see many birds. It's an overcast, hot, humid day which later in the day was going to feel like 40c so a short walk.
| Groundhog |
| American Toad |
| Eastern Chipmunk |
June 11, 2020 - The Coves
The birds have been quiet. Hard to find them in the leafy trees and bushes.
| Indigo Bunting |
June 12, 2020 - Hyde Park
A very nice morning for a walk. Sunny, 14c, clear air...really nice. There was a little wind today so didn't see too many butterflies.
| Northern Ringlet |
| Northern Rough-winged Swallow |
| Northern Crescent |
| Tufted Vetch |
June 13, 2020 - North London - Wetland and undeveloped land
A perfect comfortable day today. It was partly cloudy, 13c this morning. Here are some photos of the wildlife I found.
| Eastern Pondhawk (female) |
| Baltimore Oriole |
| Silver-spotted Skipper |
| Midland Painted Turtles |
| Eastern Forktail |
No comments:
Post a Comment