Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 7 June 2020

Early June Findings

June 2, 2020  - Hyde Park, London, Ontario

I went out birding early this morning before it got too hot.  Looked like the grass and flowering weeds had been cut down around the pond.  Very disappointing.  This is where I see most of my butterflies and dragonflies through the summer.  I will have to see.  

Canada Geese and goslings

Goslings


Northern Rough-winged Swallow

June 3 & 5, 2020 - North London Wetland

This is a very nice wetland area.  I missed the Wilson's Phalarope that had been seen recently.  A good variety of wildlife around.   I went here twice this week to walk around.  There is construction nearby so I wonder in a few years this wetland will be gone for more development.  It's a shame!

Spotted Sandpiper

Belted Kingfisher

Northern Crescent

Cranberry Viburnum

Cedar Waxwing

Yellow Warbler

Viceroy

American Bullfrog

Red-tailed Hawk

June 6, 2020 - Hyde Park, London, Ontario

A nice variety of birds today.  Two Ospreys, Kingfisher, Yellow Warblers, Common Yellowthroat, Barn Swallows, Bank Swallows, Blue Jays, American Robins, Mourning Doves, American Goldfinches, Song Sparrows, Killdeers, Brown-headed Cowbirds, Northern Cardinals, Common Grackles, Mallards with ducklings and Canada Geese with goslings.



Common Ringlet

I saw 10 Turkey Vultures.  Seven were together at one time and saw two together and then one.  The one was being harassed by Red-winged Blackbirds.




Common Yellowthroat




No comments:

Post a Comment