Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Saturday, 20 June 2020

Exploring more wildlife - June 16-20, 2020

I checked out some places near home this past week.  I'm birding but also looking for butterflies and dragonflies. 

Red-Spotted Purple


June 17, 2020 - Hyde Park

Not too many butterfly and dragonfly photos...they were not landing.  Blurry photo of a Forktail.

Eastern Forktail

Eastern Forktail (female)

Cedar Waxwing

I watched the Osprey above me and then it suddenly plunged into the water.  I watched it come out of the water...it sure has to use a lot of energy to get out of the water.  It caught a nice size fish.










Red-winged Blackbirds harassing the Turkey Vulture.





June 18, 2020 - The Coves

Again, not much luck with butterflies and dragonflies.


Cedar Waxwing

Song Sparrow

Red-bellied Woodpecker

I was walking along the path and came across a White-tailed deer walking toward me on the path.  I moved to the side and the deer continued going around a bit on the grass and went back on the path again and continued on. 







June 20, 2020 - Hyde Park

A very hot day today..didn't stay out too long.

Common Ringlet

Osprey


Can you find the Great Blue Heron in the tree?




No comments:

Post a Comment