Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 29 June 2020

Exploring for Insects

June 29, 2020 - The Coves - London, Ontario

I went to the Coves this morning looking for insects.  It was warm and sunny.  I saw a few dragonflies and damselflies...all common species.

Dot-tailed Whiteface

Common Whitetail

Eastern Pondhawk

Eastern Forktail

Skimming Bluet

I was at an area with a lot of sweet peas and other flowers.  There was a good number of European Skippers flitting around.  There were also a lot of Cabbage Whites.  I saw one Monarch but it would not land for a photo.

European Skipper

Silver-spotted Skipper

Cabbage White

As I was looking for dragonflies along the pond, this face popped up right in front of me!  If it didn't come up to the surface, I would not have known it was there.  I think it's a muskrat.  It was up for about 30 sec and disappeared back in the water. Really cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment