Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 3 November 2019

Last Week of October Birding

I haven't seen any unusual birds lately.  I've been watching birds in their activity migrating.  Here is what I saw the last week of October.  I will list some birds I saw.  I hope this is not too boring to read.

Hyde Park - Saturday, October 26, 2019

Today was a cool day and sunny.  I went to the Hyde Park area to see what was around.  There were a couple of Great Blue Herons, Mallards, Canada Geese, Pied-billed Grebe, Double-crested Cormorant, American Robins and a couple of Turkey Vultures flew over.

Great Blue Heron

Ring-necked Duck


Pied-billed Grebe


American Robins and some young

The Coves - Monday, October 28, 2919

The day started off cool 2c but warmed up by noon and sunny, There was a flurry of American Robins and Cedar Waxwings along with Ruby-crowned Kinglets, American Goldfinch, and a Carolina Wren.
I went over the Greenway Park and saw Turkey Vultures, American Goldfinch, White-throated Sparrows, Song Sparrows, American Robins and Northern Cardinals.  As I was walking a White-tailed Deer came out of the bush followed by two more right in front of me.  







Hyde Park - Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Today was a beautiful day warming up to 13c but cloudy.  There was a movement of American Robins going through - flybys or landing in the trees.  There were for sure over 75...I lost count.  With the Robins there were also some Cedar Waxwings and Red-winged Blackbirds.  There was a big flock of Starlings in one tree.  At the pond, Canada Geese, Mallards, Great Blue Heron, Double-crested Cormorants, Ring-billed Gulls and a Pied-billed Grebe.  







There were some Blue Jays flying over, American Goldfinches and saw a White-breasted Nuthatch.



No comments:

Post a Comment