Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Saturday, 9 November 2019

Some November Birding

I'm having problems with my camera (Canon SX50 HS PowerShot) right now.  The viewfinder got all scratched up.  So when I look through the viewfinder, it's blurry and I can't tell if the bird is in focus or not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 6, 2019 - Hyde Park, London, Ontario

I decided to go to Hyde Park to see what was around.  It was a cool, partly cloudy day.  I saw a nice variety of birds.  There were large flocks of American Goldfinches feeding on the goldenrods.  In some bushes near by, I saw House Finches, Song Sparrows, White-crowned Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos and some Tree Sparrows.  

Song Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Great Blue Heron

American Robin

Dark-eyed Junco

House Finches

Lots of American Goldfinches.







November 9, 2019 - The Coves, London, Ontario

In the last few days we've had snow and it's cold enough to stay on the ground.  
The trees no longer have leaves but small bushes and shrubs still have some leaves.  At the one Cove, the water is frozen.  Along the path large flocks of Cedar Waxwings were flying tree to tree.  A little further the American Robins were flying over and landing on the banks of the Coves looking under leaves for something to eat.  






 A Red-tailed Hawk was high up in a tree looking around.


At the other Cove, the water was open.  I first saw a Great Blue Heron along the edge. 


Further down, I spotted some Hooded Mergansers.  




Amongst the Mallards, I found a Common Goldeneye.



No comments:

Post a Comment