Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Saturday, 26 October 2019

Bird Outings This past Week

London - Hyde Park - Saturday, October 19, 2019

I walked a couple of spots in the Hyde Park area.  Saw some Killdeers and  Greater Yellowlegs lingering around through migration.  It won't be long, the shorebirds will be gone.

Killdeer

Greater Yellowlegs

Belted Kingfisher
 
Red-winged Blackbird  (female)

This is probably the last time I will see a frog until Spring. 



London - The Coves - Wednesday, October 23, 2019

It was a cool start this morning with gusty SW winds. I saw a lot of Canada Geese in the soccer field before entering the Coves.  There were some Mallards, Wood Ducks and one Great Blue Heron.  I came across a flock of American Robins flying around and eating berries.  Also with the robins were Cedar Waxwings, a couple of Northern Flickers and Red-winged Blackbirds.  It was nice to stand there and watch the birds. 





Further down the path about 5 White-tailed Deer were watching me.




London - Gibbons Park - Thursday, October 24, 2019

I saw 16 species of birds on this beautiful sunny day.  The trees were spectacular.  Some highlights were Black-capped Chickadees, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Downy Woodpeckers, White-breasted Nuthatch, American Goldfinch and a nice flock of American Robins with some Red-winged Blackbirds. 



There were many Mallards Canada Geese and a couple of Double-crested Cormorants.

Double-crested Cormorants


Thames River 




A Bald Eagle was nice to see.

Bald Eagle





No comments:

Post a Comment