Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Friday, 18 October 2019

Thames River and The Coves

I have been out and about.  I haven't seen too much.  Here are some places I went to through the week.

October 12, 2019 - The Coves, London, Ontario

Saturday, October 12, 2019 was a very windy day.  Strong SW winds, high of 10c.  It was a quiet day for birds but enjoying the Fall colours.

Double-crested Cormorant

Great Blue Heron

Eastern Phoebe

I saw a couple of Clouded Sulphurs low in the grass because of the strong wind.





October 15, 2019  Springbank Park, London, Ontario

I haven't been to Springbank Park for awhile.  I wanted to see the tree colours along Thames River. 







October 18, 2019 - The Coves, London, Ontario

After a couple of days of rain, I went to the Coves.  It was cool but sunny.  I saw a flurry of sparrows, robins and cedar waxwings. I also saw Northern Cardinals, Blue Jays, American Goldfinch, Black-capped Chickadees, Mallards and Canada Geese.  

Song Sparrow

Cedar Waxwing

Yellow-rumped Warbler

White-throated Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Fox Sparrow

This chipmunk has its cheeks full.











No comments:

Post a Comment