Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Tuesday, 15 January 2019

Springbank Action

Springbank Park, London, Ontario

I thought I would go to Springbank on this chilly morning to see what I can find.  First, I spotted this Red-tailed Hawk.  After a few minutes, it flew to the opposite side of the parking lot.  This is when I noticed it had something in his talons.  I thought it looked like a squirrel...a really big squirrel as I just saw the tail at that point.
I got closer to the hawk again and couldn't figure out what he had.  I realized then it's way to big for a squirrel.  Looking closer....it was a skunk!




Lots of Canada Geese and Mallards.  Also, there were Hooded Mergansers and Common Goldeneyes.

Hooded Mergansers

There were a nice variety of birds today.



Red-bellied Woodpecker


White-breasted Nuthatch

Downy Woodpecker

Dark-eyed Junco and Northern Cardinal




No comments:

Post a Comment