Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Saturday, 12 January 2019

Birding in Greenway

Greenway Park-Thames River - London, Ontario

I decided to do some birding at Greenway Park this afternoon.  It was cold, high -4c, feels like -9c and overcast.  There were lots Mallards and Canada Geese along the river bank and in the water....too many to count.


Mourning Dove

I saw 4 robins eating berries in the shrubbery along the river. 

American Robin

American Robin

There were a few Common Mergansers around and Hooded Mergansers.

Common Mergansers

5 Hooded Mergansers in front

Photo below shows one Common Merganser in the front with Canada Geese and Mallards in the background.


The Buffleheads were busy diving so had to take this photo fast.  They are under the water for a bit and pop up somewhere else.

Bufflehead

These poor Great Blue Herons looked cold.




This one was so tucked in...could hardly see his head.



While I was watching the herons, four White-tailed Deer were sauntering through the water to the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment