Greenway, March 1, 2022 - It was a cool, overcast day. I went to Greenway to see the ducks. I love seeing the Common Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers and Bufflehead. The Common Mergansers are so white they really stand out...beautiful! Some of the ice on the river has melted. I saw a nice variety of birds...American Black Duck, Bald Eagle, Red-tailed Hawk, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, American Robins, Great-Blue Heron, Northern Cardinals (singing), Carolina Wren, Blue Jays and a Song Sparrow.
 |
| Bufflehead |
 |
| Common Mergansers |
 |
| Hooded Mergansers |
Gibbons Park, March 2, 2022 - I saw my first Red-winged Blackbird (FOY). It was so nice to see! I checked out the Great Horned Owl. It was a little milder today...some of the snow is starting to melt. There were American Robins, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Black-capped Chickadees, Northern Cardinals (singing) and Blue Jays.
Terrible photo of Red-winged Blackbird.
 |
| Great Horned Owl |
Coves, March 3, 2022 - It was quiet at the Coves today. The ponds are still frozen. I saw four Great-Blue Herons in a tree together. Some are still sleeping.
Greenway again March 5, 2022. Lots of Common Mergansers. I counted 21. So beautiful to watch. There were some Hooded Mergansers, American Black Duck, lots of Mallards and Canada Geese.
Hi Susan, I enjoy your blog very much and check in every spring before my trip to the the Pelee area to see whats cookin. This year it looks like we will only be able to get away from work the final week of April and I wonder if you would share your thoughts on what its typically like that early? Trying to decide if its worth it.
ReplyDeleteThanks in advance, Michael.