I have been out birding but have not seen anything different for the past few weeks. We've had some really cold days in February.
Last week, I went to Greenway Park to see what was around. It was a little milder today and sunny. Most of the ducks were along the banks of the river trying to keep warm. Lots of Canada Geese, Mallards, some Black Ducks, Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye, Hooded Mergansers and Common Mergansers.
 |
| Common Mergansers and Mallards |
 |
| Common Goldeneye |
 |
| Common Merganser (female) |
Always nice to see a Robin.
One day, I went out to Killarney Ponds, east London. There were reports that a Redhead and a Greater Scaup were there. I saw both of them, first of the year for me.
 |
| Redhead |
 |
| Greater Scaup |
While I was out the east end of the city, I went to Fanshawe CA. It was a very cold day, feeling like -14c so I didn't stay too long. I checked out the Tamarack Trail Area. There were lots of Dark-eyed Juncos, Northern Cardinals, Blue Jays, White-throated Sparrows, Mourning Doves, Tree Sparrows, Black-capped Chickadees, and Red-breasted Nuthatches
No comments:
Post a Comment