Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 20 March 2022

Mid-March Findings

This week, I saw more signs of Spring with a couple of warm days.  Song Sparrows, Cardinals and Red-winged Blackbirds were singing.  The snow is gradually melting but ponds still have a layer of ice.

Song Sparrow

 
I saw my first of year Turkey Vulture.


Also, first of year Tundra Swans.  I heard them first and saw two very long V formations and a smaller one fly over.  I estimated there were 115.  I love hearing them.  



American Crows have been vocal lately.

This one day, there were 4 Great Blue Herons together.





I've been visiting some ponds in Hyde Park, here is another Great Blue Heron.  

 


Bufflehead

I saw this Gadwall which was nice.  I don't see them very often.

The weather does not look good next week...showing rain almost every day.  Hopefully, I can get out birding a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment