Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 26 July 2020

Elegant Great Egret

July 25, 2020 - Uplands North Wetland, London, Ontario

It's always nice to see a Great Egret!  I was at the wetland for about 15 minutes when the egret flew in from behind me and landed low on a dead tree.  It stayed there the whole time looking around and preening.



The Great Blue Heron is at the top of the photo looking down at the Great Egret.  For a short time, they were croaking at each other.


As I was heading back to the car, a heron was fishing close by.  It caught a fish and a few times dropped it.








July 25, 2020 - Hyde Park, London, Ontario

I didn't see too many butterflies but saw this beauty.

Black Swallowtail

I'm now seeing some baby frogs - Northern Leopard Frogs.



There are 3 of them in the photo below.




No comments:

Post a Comment