Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 17 May 2020

Some Pleasant Birding Days

At the end of last week and into the long weekend, it's nice to see a lot more migrants.  I found a few more warblers, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler, Palm Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Redstarts, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Ovenbird, Black-and-White Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, and a male Golden-winged Warbler.  I was excited to see the Golden-winged Warbler as I have not seen one since 1994 at Point Pelee.  I had a really good look at it with two other birders.

I'm still missing my favorite - Black-throated Blue Warbler!

I was also excited to see an Eastern Bluebird.  For some reason, I don't see them often.  

Eastern Bluebird

American Goldfinch

Here are some photos of other birds I've seen. 


Red-bellied Woodpecker

Tree Swallow

Red-tailed Hawk

Yellow Warbler

Spotted Sandpiper

Great Blue Heron

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Solitary Sandpiper

Lots of turtles, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment