Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 31 May 2020

Observations - May 25-30, 2020

May 25, 2020 - Westminster Ponds

I got out early today as it was going to be a hot, humid day.  The morning was getting pretty warm already.  The temperature went up to 29c, feeling like 38c.  Not my type of weather.

Midland Painted Turtle

I always enjoy watching the swallows.

Tree Swallows

Baltimore Oriole

View of the ponds.




Red-winged Blackbird

Eastern Phoebe


May 27, 2020 - Hyde Park

The Osprey flew down to the water and came back up with something.  Later the Osprey was getting harassed by Red-winged Blackbirds.


Northern Rough-winged Swallows

Great-crested Flycatcher

Dame's Rocket


Eastern Kingbird

Yellow Warbler

May 30, 2020 - The Coves

It was a nice cooler day today which was nice from the few hot, humid days.  The trees and bushes are full of leaves now a difference from just a week ago.  A lot of the warblers are gone and birds are nesting.


Downy Woodpecker

Catbird

Here is a photo of the Coves swamp.  There are Yellow Iris in the swamp.



Red-winged Blackbird  (female)


Yellow Warbler

I was watching a Great Blue Heron fishing. This is another Heron from the photo above.







Rose-breasted Grosbeak

I saw a group of 10 male Wood Ducks.  Beautiful ducks.





No comments:

Post a Comment