Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 10 May 2020

Sightings Last Week - May 2-9, 2020

Sightings

I was able to see different birds this past week.  I did see some warblers (Yellow Warblers, Palm Warblers, Nashville Warbler, and a Common Yellowthroat).  Other birds were Catbirds, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, White-throated Sparrows, House Wren, Baltimore Orioles, lots of Tree and Barn Swallows, Chipping Sparrows, and Eastern Phoebes.  The Spring flowers are slowly coming.  For butterflies, I saw Cabbage Whites, Mourning Cloak and a Red Admiral. 




These Wild Turkeys were in the Coves on the path just in front of me.



Eastern Phoebe

Lots of birds are building their nests now.


Some trees are blooming.


White Trout Lily

On Friday, May 8, it was overcast, cold and we had some light snow at times through the day.  Here are some Turkey Vultures in a tree resting.


This Killdeer looked cold.





Jack-in-the-Pulpit in the swamp area of the Coves.


White-tailed Deer

Double-crested Cormorant

Hoping to see lots more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment