Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Monday, 8 April 2019

The Coves

The Coves - London, Ontario

This past week, I've been out a few times.  Have not seen anything much to report.  Today, in the morning I decided to go to the Coves.  It was 14c at the time, partly cloudy and windy.  I didn't see any unusual birds.  There were many Song Sparrows singing, Northern Cardinals, American Robins and Carolina Wrens. 


Brown-headed Cowbird

I saw my first turtle...FOY.  A Midland Painted Turtle. 

Midland Painted Turtle

Carolina Wren

Song Sparrow

A Woolly Bear crawling along the pathway.

Woolly Bear

Greenway Park

I saw another turtle.  There were American Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, Canada Geese, Mallards, Mourning Dove and Turkey Vulture.



Hyde Park Drainage Pond

I saw my FOY Tree Swallows (2) in Hyde Park this afternoon.  It was 15c, overcast and still very windy. I also saw a Pied-billed Grebe, Horned Grebe, some Canada Geese, Mallards and a lone American Wigeon.

Starling and Tree Swallow

American Wigeon


Horned Grebe

Not a great photo of the Osprey.  It flew over carrying nesting material.


No comments:

Post a Comment