Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 21 April 2019

Hyde Park Walk

I didn't bother going out birding yesterday as it poured all day.  Today, a very nice day, 12c and sunny.

There was not much on the pond today.....4 Horned Grebes, and some Mallards.
I walked around the pond and a couple of Turkey Vultures were circling around, saw a Red-tailed Hawk and two Osprey with nesting material.  Along the walkway, I saw two butterflies and could not get my camera on them.  They were small and orange in colour.  I couldn't identify them.  Frustrating!   

Horned Grebe

This beautiful Eastern Phoebe landed for a few seconds.   

Eastern Phoebe

There were lots of Song Sparrows singing, Northern Cardinals, Red-winged Blackbirds, Robins, Killdeers and American Goldfinch.

Song Sparrow

I enjoyed watching the Tree Swallows flying around and landing on the dead tree catching bugs. 

Tree Swallow

It was a nice day for a walk...I saw in total 19 species of birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment