Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Wednesday, 17 April 2019

A Pleasant Day in the Coves

Finally, a nice sunny day.  It was 10c when I was out this morning but warmed up to be a very nice day.  I spent a couple of hours in the Coves today.  Nice sounds of Spring.  Lots of Song Sparrows, American Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, Brown-headed Cowbirds, and Common Grackles and of course, Canada Geese and Mallards.


I saw one Great Blue Heron.  I love taking photos of herons.



A lovely male Wood Duck.


This Black-capped Chickadee was working away at a hole.  I also saw Downy Woodpeckers working on holes, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, and Northern Flickers.



There were some birds I couldn't get photos....Eastern Phoebe, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Carolina Wren, Osprey, Brown Creeper, and a flyover Double-crested Cormorant.


A few Spring flowers have started blooming.  Very pretty.


It was a good day seeing 26 species of birds!


No comments:

Post a Comment