Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Tuesday, 10 December 2024

A Snowy Week In London

December 11, 2024

We got our first snowstorm this week in London.  About 2 ft of snow.  I went to Springbank Park the day after the heavy snowfall.  There were Canada Geese, Mallards, Common Mergansers, Ring-billed Gulls and it was nice to see a Northern Pintail.  I don't see them to often.  Lots of Dark-eyed Juncos, American Goldfinches, and Northern Cardinals.



Common Merganser

Northern Pintail

I went to Greenway Park to see what was around.  There were lots of Ring-billed Gulls and some American Herring Gulls.  Some Common Mergansers were around, Hooded Mergansers, Green-winged Teals (8), Great Blue Herons (6), and a couple of Bald Eagles flew by.  

Common Mergansers


Hooded Mergansers

Great Blue Heron


It was a nice surprise to find a Hermit Thrush!



1 comment:

  1. You can have that snow, we only got a dusting down here!

    ReplyDelete