Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 9 June 2024

Butterflies and Dragonflies not Abundant

June 1, 2024 - Airport - I took a drive out to the airport to see the Northern Mockingbird.  I also saw Eastern Meadowlarks, Grasshopper Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow, Red-winged Blackbirds, Osprey, Green Heron, Field Sparrows, Mourning Doves, Killdeers, and Barn Swallows.

Northern Mockingbird

Red-winged Blackbird

Eastern Meadowlark


Komoka Park - June 4, 2024

I was looking for butterflies and dragonflies.  Not many around.  


Common Whitetail (female)

Eastern Bluebird

Tree Swallow

One of the Komoka Park Trails






Komoka North - June 6, 2024

I was out looking for butterflies and dragonflies again.  There were lots of Widow Skimmers, a few Common Whitetails, a couple of Ebony Jewelwings.  Birds...Eastern Bluebird, Baltimore Orioles, Red-eyed Vireos, Common Yellowthroats, Yellow Warblers, Tree Swallows, Willow Flycatcher, Catbirds, Great Blue Heron plus other common birds.

Widow Skimmer

Ebony Jewelwing

Yesterday, I went to the Coves and was able to find some butterflies.

Red-spotted Purple

Silver-spotted Skipper

Red Admiral

Black Swallowtail

White-tailed Deer in Komoka



No comments:

Post a Comment