Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Thursday, 16 May 2024

Lots of Birds to Find, May 13-15, 2024

I saw a lot of variety of birds May 13 at Kilally....Baltimore, Orioles, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Scarlet Tanager, Bay-breasted Warblers, Yellow Warblers, American Redstarts, Tennessee Warblers, Chestnut-sided Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Black-throated Green Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, Red-eyed Vireos, Warbling Vireos, House Wrens, Carolina Wrens, Field Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Least Flycatcher, Eastern Towhee to name a few.  

Scarlet Tanager

At the Coves, there were 7 Turkey Vultures resting on the light standards of a soccer field.  One light standard have 4 and the other 3.   Some birds I saw were American Redstarts, Yellow Warblers, Red-eyed Vireos, Warbling Vireos, Baltimore Orioles, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, House Wrens, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, and Catbirds,  There were Painted Turtles on the logs and I saw my first of year Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. 

Turkey Vultures


Gray Catbird

Painted Turtles

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Dame's Rocket

Dame's Rocket

I decided to go to Springbank Park one day.  There were lots of Baltimore Orioles around, Yellow Warblers, Tennessee Warbler, House Wren, Warbling Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, and American Robins.  There were some flowering trees but most have finished the blossoms, 

Canada Geese and goslings

Eastern Chipmunk

American Red Squirrel

Wisteria

Flowering Dogwood

Flowering Dogwood


No comments:

Post a Comment