Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 12 May 2024

Bird Outings this Week

The week of May 6, 2024 

Medway Valley - May 6, 2024 - I have not been to Medway Valley for awhile so I popped in to see what I can find.  I found some nice birds, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Baltimore Orioles, Hermit Thrush, White-breasted Nuthatch, Carolina Wren, Song Sparrows, Red-winged Blackbirds, Catbirds, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and Yellow Warbler,  

Woods in Medway Valley




Greenway - May 7, 2024

I checked out Greenway Park one day.  Lots of nice birds...Baltimore Orioles, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Warbling Vireo, Barn Swallows, Northern Rough-winged Swallows, Carolina Wren and Red-bellied Woodpecker to name a few.  



I saw some turtles across the river sunning.  Northern Map Turtles and Spiny Softshells.

Spiny Softshell Turtle

Northern Map Turtle

Komoka Park - Found a variety of wildlife.

Blue-winged Teal

Spotted Sandpipers

Brown Thrasher

Great-crested Flycatcher

Juvenal's Duskywing

At the Hyde Park Ponds, there were some sandpiper species found.

Solitary Sandpiper


Spotted Sandpiper

Midland Painted Turtles

Lilac


No comments:

Post a Comment