February 27, 2924 - Gibbons Park. This is the first Red-winged Blackbird I've seen this year.
| Red-winged Blackbird |
| Common Mergansers |
February 28, 2024 - Started to go out birding. It was 14c. this morning. It suddenly got dark NW London at Hyde Park I was taking photos of the ducks when the wind picked up so strong it just about knocked me over. It started to rain a bit. I can feel the temperature dropping. After 10:30 going home the temperature was 4c. The temperature continued to drop and by the afternoon it was -1c with snowflerries.
My photos are dark but I saw a Redhead and some Ring-necked Ducks.
| Redhead |
| Ring-necked Ducks |
This is when the wind gusts were strong and the ducks were all of a sudden swimming in waves.
What a change in weather the next day, February 29, 2024, -7c, feels like -15c, mostly cloudy, W wind 28 km/h, gust 48 km/h. I went to a Hyde Park Pond and saw my first of the year Killdeer.
Coves and Greenway Park, March 1, 2024, 7c, sunny, a nice day. Some birds were singing such as the Red-winged Blackbirds, Song Sparrows, Northern Cardinals and a Carolina Wren. I saw these Great Blue Herons at the Coves sleeping.
At Greenway Park, I saw this beautiful Red-tailed Hawk.
This is the only Common Merganser I saw at the river.
| Common Merganser (female) |
It was nice to see the Wood Ducks. First of the Year.
| Wood Ducks |
| Mallard (female) |
No comments:
Post a Comment