Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 10 March 2024

March Findings

Last week, I went birding at the Upland Wetland Area.  It was a warm day 18c and sunny.  There were not many birds but it was nice to see some Painted Turtles (3).  I've never seen turtles out sunning this early (March 4)




Killdeer

I checked out the Hyde Park Collection Ponds.  It was overcast with some light rain but mild at 13c.  There were seven Ring-necked Ducks busy diving for food.  A Belted Kingfisher flew from one end of the pond to the other.  I managed to get a far away photo.


Ring-necked Duck



Some Killdeers around.

Killdeer

I also went to the Coves Saturday and as usual enjoyed looking at the Great Blue Herons.



There were a pair of Bald Eagles in a tree.  One flew around with a branch and back to the tree again.




No comments:

Post a Comment