Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 19 March 2023

Mid-March Findings

Birding around London area.  I went to a wetland north London to see what I can find.  It has been cold and overcast with lots of snow on the ground.  I saw a couple of Turkey Vultures, Red-winged Blackbirds, Northern Cardinals (singing), American Robins, Dark-eyed Juncos, Black-capped Chickadees.  

Turkey Vulture

Cooper's Hawk

Showing the Cooper's Hawk claws.


Greenway Park - March 14, 2023 - It was a cool day with light snow.  Starting to see more Spring birds - Common Grackle, Red-winged Blackbird, American Robin, Killdeer, Wood Ducks.  I also saw a Great-blue Heron, Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Song Sparrows, Blue Jays, Northern Cardinals, and Black-capped Chickadees.

Common Merganser with Canada Goose

Wood Ducks

American Kestrel

Fanshawe CA - walked the Tamarack Trail - Downy Woodpeckers, White-breasted Nuthatch, American Robins, Northern Cardinals, Black-capped Chickadees, Dark-eyes Juncos, Blue Jays, Canada Geese, American Crows and Mallards...still lots of snow on the ground.

White-breasted Nuthatch

Downy Woodpecker

American Red Squirrel


No comments:

Post a Comment