I was out birding for a couple of days this past week. The weather has been unseasonably warm with some fog several mornings. Greenway Park and Westminster Ponds were the places I visited. I have been enjoying finding sparrows and finches - Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Fox Sparrows, House Finches, American Goldfinches and Purple Finches. Also Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches, Dark-eyed Juncos, Downy Woodpeckers, Red-bellied Woodpeckers and Hairy Woodpeckers. There has been a steady migration of American Robins through the week.
| Great Blue Heron |
| Wood Ducks |
| Lots of Cedar Waxwings |
| Cedar Waxwings |
| Common Merganser - female |
| Double-crested Cormorant |
| Green-winged Teal |
| White-breasted Nuthatch |
| Great Blue Heron |
| Red-tailed Hawk |
| Red-tailed Hawk |
| Mourning Dove |
Looking at the weather for next week, looks like another pleasant week for birding!
No comments:
Post a Comment