Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Sunday, 12 June 2022

Grassland to Marshland

I went to the London Airport to see what was around (June 11, 2022).  I really like Meadowlarks and different sparrows.  I know I can always find them there.  They like open fields with long grasses and weeds which is a perfect habitat for these birds.  As you can see they also like fences and wires.  

Eastern Meadowlark

Savannah Sparrow

Grasshopper Sparrow

At another park, I found a couple of Great Blue Herons.  I love Great Blue Herons so I always have photos of them to share.  The birds are really busy nesting and feeding their young right now.





Cedar Waxwings

Ruby throated Hummingbird

The Swamp Sparrow was in the reeds with a lot of Red-winged Blackbirds.  This bird was bouncing around the reeds with food then it dropped down out of sight to probably a nest and young.


Swamp Sparrow





No comments:

Post a Comment