June 6, 2022 - Komoka
I went for a walk on a few trails to try to find an Indigo Bunting. I have not seen one yet this year. I did find two and I also saw the Eastern Bluebirds which was a real treat. I don't see them too often.
| Eastern Bluebird |
| Indigo Bunting |
I also saw an Eastern Towhee, Catbirds, and Field Sparrows. A few butterflies were around...Monarchs, Cabbage Whites and Little Wood Satyrs.
| Little Wood Satyr |
I went to Strathroy Lagoons today (June 8) to find the Black-necked Stilt. I finally found it at the opposite side of one of the lagoons in the mudflats. One was walking around in the tall grass and the other was up and down on the nest. This is a Lifer. I got a distant photo. A scope is needed.
I also heard and saw the Common Gallinule. It was difficult getting a photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment