Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Thursday, 15 April 2021

Kains Woods ESA

April 15, 2021

Kains Woods ESA

I decided to go for a walk at Kains Woods Environmentally Significant Area (ESA).  It was cool, with light rain and hail.  It was quiet bird wise but it's nice to walk along the river and view all the different tree species and later in the Spring...wildflowers. Some parts of the trail is challenging with several steep sections and cedar swamps.

In all ESAs in London, there is a sign at the beginning of the trail 'Be Coyote Aware'.  I've never seen a coyote until yesterday when I was at Kilally Meadows ESA.  I saw one walking along the woods edge and it saw me so it went deeper in the woods.  It was neat to see.


Mayapple

Trout Lily

Eastern Skunk Cabbage

Common Merganser (female)

Here are some photos of the trail (the steep part).









Canada Goose on her nest


No comments:

Post a Comment