Susan's Birding and Nature Blog

Thursday, 5 September 2019

Recent Findings


I have been out birding but I usually see the same birds so nothing much new.  Photos below are from Hyde Park, Springbank Park and The Coves.

August 28, 2019 - Hyde Park

Twelve-Spotted Skimmer

Ruby Meadowhawk

Monarch

September 4, 2019 - Springbank Park

Double-crested Cormorant

Osprey

Northern Map Turtle

September 5, 2019 - The Coves

Blue Jay

I was taking a photo of the Blue Jay and on the same tree on the other side I noticed this thing.  I got my camera on it and noticed it was a Great Blue Heron high up.  It was facing the other way, so without my camera I noticed this shape.  If it wasn't for the Blue Jay I wouldn't know it was there. 







Double-crested Cormorant

I found another Great Blue Heron high in a dead tree.



Midland Painted Turtles

Starting to see a tinge of colour in the trees along Thames River.




1 comment: